Prepaid Expenses Spreadsheet Amortization Software
Software to track, manage, amortize, post monthly expense for ....
• Dues and
Amortize to income
• Span fiscal years
• Adjustment handling
• Post "as
of" any month
for 1 to 999
GAAP, FASB compliant
• No end
of year chores
data and reports
• Audit year reconciliation
• Defer a start month
• Paper or
Combinations to fit any operation ....
• Enter your records to the software
• Enter existing records and retain or calculate
current book value
• Enter new records
• Import and convert Excel records to the
• Retain or calculate current book value
• Import new records on an on-going basis, such
as each month from local or branch sites
• Retain your Excel records
• Always import your entire file each month for
expense amortization, reports and general ledger
A complete accounting system to manage hundreds, thousands of prepaids ....
• Subsidiary ledger trial balance report
Amortization expense, accumulated and book value balance for each record sorted and grouped within
Expense accounts with summary totals within
Prepaid Asset accounts with summary totals plus
• Journal voucher posting recap
Debit and credit column format
• General ledger posting file
Posting entries consist of Expense account debits and Prepaid Asset account offset credits
Posting file is formatted for posting to your general ledger system
Post at account number summary subtotal level
Post each individual record
Supports any chart of accounts
• Full set of accounting reports
Detail and summary history, audit and reconciliation
By month. By calendar or fiscal year
• Monthly amortization and expense recognition for terms of 1 through 999 months
Half month convention
Actual in-service date to date
Defer amortization to a future begin date month
Catch up amortization from a prior month(s)
• Adjustments during term
Single step adjustment screen to handle changes during amortization term
Increase or decrease an original amount at any time
Increase or decrease term or set to immediate write-off
Extend a term
• Span multiple years
Cross over EOM, EOY periods without doing anything
No monthly or annual close-out involved
• Historical archive reporting
Generate any report from any prior month at any time
• Prepaid Asset account reconciliation
Compare balances and activity for one or more general ledger accounts over one or more months.
Pinpoint any out-of-balance conditions.
Beginning balances. New additions. Amortization. Adjustments. Ending balances. Net activity.
Audit schedule preparation.
Provide detail activity from beginning of through end of calendar or fiscal year.
• Audit and examination support
1-800 and email assistance
Many of our clients are CPA and accounting firms who purchased the software
Some import and calculate files for their clients
Post as direct expense and
Allocate one/some/all records to multiple expense accounts - branch, cost center, department ....
Use a single or multiple user-defined methods
• Multi-company operations
Same or different general ledger systems
• Your existing records ....
Maintain your current balances
No conversion journal adjustment necessary
Add existing records to the software using original cost along with book value balance.
Currently using Excel? Add your records to the software by importing them from an Excel worksheet
• General ledger
- The software creates a Journal Voucher debit and credit column source document for the above and
- Creates a general ledger transaction posting file
- Posting file descriptions can be at the
- Expense account subtotal level or
- Individual record level
- Supports any chart of accounts and any upload format
Fits any operation ....
• Enter your records to the software
• Import your records from Excel
• Import new records from Excel
How our clients handled their existing records ....
• Some entered their records directly to the software, doing a "clean up" as they went along.
• Some imported and converted their records to the software from an Excel worksheet or other spreadsheet.
• Some imported and converted existing records. And, they continue to import new records each month from Excel worksheets created at branch sites.
• Some never converted. They began entering new records to the software and allowed existing records to finish amortizing the "old" way.
• Some never converted. They always import all of their existing plus newly added records to the software each month from Excel.
Retain current balances ....
• Most new clients retain current balances although the software can recalculate a record from its begin date.
Supports all of these amortization recognition methods at the record level ....
• Straight line monthly, 30 day financial months (typical recognition method)
• Straight line monthly, actual days in month with start and end dates
• Half month convention
• Partial first month and or last month
• Time: Hours, days ....
Recognize professional and other prepaid fees and retainers by actual hours or other time periods (including zero) performed each month
Assign the specific dollar amount (including zero) to be recognized each month in advance or as it becomes known
Assign the percentage to be recognized each month (including zero) in advance or as it becomes known
Inventory, office supplies - recognition is based upon monthly usage so book value represents actual value of items on hand
If inventory count remains at the end of anticipated term, simply extend the term
Recognize expense based upon the receipt of a prepaid product delivered over a staggered interval
Recognize expense based upon the delivery of a prepaid service delivered over a staggered interval
• On demand
Enter the amount you want to recognize this month based on external factors
• Frequency, non-monthly
Recognize expense in certain months only, such as quarterly or any other calendar or fractional period
• Units, other
Establish your own definition of units to determine monthly and non-monthly recognition
| Client testimonials ....
We have been using your software for some time.
This system has always been so easy to utilize and we really appreciate the level of detail in the reports.
Thanks for your help today.
Your software is as advertised and will be most useful.
This is just a quick note to let you know that the software is up and running.
More importantly, we love the software!
Thank you so much for your help and we look forward to working with your company in the future.
I finally got a chance to look at the conversion file.
I did some spot checking and the numbers look fine.
Thank you so much for all your help.
Your customer service is fantastic!
Have a great week.
• Amortization methods at the record level ....
1) Straight line monthly
- 30 day financial months
- Most commonly used
- More is taken during early months
3) Actual calendar days
- Amortization is from a start date to an ending date
- In-service, contractual term
- Full months
- Partial months
- Half month convention (first month only or first month and final month)
4) User defined Alternate methods
- Recognition based upon multiple factors
• Exception handling
- Delay amortizing to a future month
- Catch up amortization for a prior month(s)
- Partial refunds during amortization term
- Additional payments during amortization term
• Reconcile your prepaid asset accounts. In seconds!
• Run the Reconciliation Report covering any month or multiple months
Beginning balance for a record (the previous month ending balance)
+ New record cost if the record was added during the period (Beginning balance would be zero)
- Amortization expense
- Partial refund if an adjustment was made, such as having been overbilled
+ Additional cost, partial payment increase
= Ending balance
Column totals for all records within each prepaid asset account
• Out of balance?
Simply compare the Reconciliation Report to your general ledger asset account activity.
• Reconcile a month
• Reconcile an entire year - great when auditors want to see annual changes to your prepaid asset accounts
• Budget projections, forecasting
- Calculate expense amortization, with ending balances, for a future month, quarter, year.
- Direct post monthly amortized expense for a record to a single expense account or distribute to multiple expense accounts
- Allocate one/some/all records using user defined methods
- Allocate using multiple methods (percentage, square feet, number of branches, workstation count ....)
- Allocated records flow into the journal voucher and posting file for automatically updating the general ledger
• Administrative reporting
- User defined sorting and subtotal categories.
• Export data and calculations
- Copy screens and reports, paste to Excel worksheet
book values for
month, end of
next year ....)
range of months
(month by month
expense and book
values for any
period - three
(now or "as of"
now but five
years down the
worksheet or other spreadsheet)
• Enter records,
• View, print,
• Direct post
ledger accounts. Allocate
selected records to
• Upload posting
file for any
builds a posting
any file layout. Undo
to a prior